Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Dec 11 pbUSA Santa Clarita help
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Dec 11 pbUSA Santa Clarita help

Viper
(Administrator)
Squad/Rank:
Main Scenario Team
Executive Officer
Online Status: OFFLINESend Private Message: ViperView Profile: Viper
Re: Dec 11 pbUSA Santa Clarita help 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
dhallak wrote:
Woot! Thanks guys.... and guess what.... now we have a viddeogrpher that's going to be following us all day to document it!

Videographer.... Thats so OCMI!! lol

The administrator has disabled public write access.

dhallak
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
- empty -
- empty -
Online Status: OFFLINESend Private Message: dhallakView Profile: dhallak
Re: Dec 11 pbUSA Santa Clarita help 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
Update for the game:
I just got ANOTHER trash talking email from the other hospital's team captain. Pretty much, I sent him an email asking how he would like to handle if we each have over 40 players, if he would want to split into two diff. private groups, or if they want to just keep it as 1, and everyone else socializes in the staging areas. And also.... told him 'good luck' with saying that all of his guys were going to be gunning for me.

Just got a reply from him:
"Sounds like you're already making excuses for your impending defeat lol. And don't worry, I'll tell all of my guys to save you for last".

----------------

Either this guy REALLY has absolutely no idea of what's about to descend upon him.... or he has a really, really good poker face.

In both of my emails, I've been polite, asked regular questions of how we should handle different things.... and each one gets a trash talking reply from him. *eye roll*

Viper
(Administrator)
Squad/Rank:
Main Scenario Team
Executive Officer
ARE WE THERE YET!!!???!!!

Dark Angel
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
Main Scenario Team
Team Member
Online Status: OFFLINESend Private Message: Dark AngelView Profile: Dark Angel
Re: Dec 11 pbUSA Santa Clarita help 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Stop complaining! Don't make me turn this Tank around!

Munky
(Team)
Squad/Rank:
Main Scenario Team
Team Member
Online Status: OFFLINESend Private Message: MunkyView Profile: Munky
Re: Dec 11 pbUSA Santa Clarita help 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Ooo, can we bring a tank???

\\\"May the fleas of a thousand camels infect the crotch of your enemies, and may their arms be to short to scratch\\\"

Proudly Supported By: | Tippmann Sports | Tiberius Arms | Paintball Photography.com |

Viper
(Administrator)
Squad/Rank:
Main Scenario Team
Executive Officer
That would be the icing on the cake!
But no trailer & no batteries!!

Trout
(Team)
Squad/Rank:
Main Scenario Team
Team Member
Online Status: OFFLINESend Private Message: TroutView Profile: Trout
That would be awesome! The look on their faces when the tank rolls in would be priceless. "What?! You guys didn't bring rocket launchers? Sucks to be you!"

I wonder what ringers they have recruited to be this confident.

dhallak
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
- empty -
- empty -
Me too trout..... me too. *shrugs*

Hell.... even if they showed up with the freakin LA Dynasty, I'd think the hitmen and the dynasty would cancel each other out, thinking about it like that.

It's what I've been struggling with for the last few days internally.
There are only 3 options:
1. They are asshat recballers, grouped with other asshat recballers.
2. They are experienced asshats, and are arrogent thinking they are playing newbs and a few decent rec players.
3. They are asshat recballers... and they have really really exp friends/teams they are pulling in to ambush Olive View.

Options 1 and 2 are what I'm expecting.... option 3 is what I fear. But.... even if they have 20 REALLY good players, plus some pro players show up (worse case scenario).... we have the exact same thing, so it'll just be one hell of a hard fought blood bath.

I think the first game will be the toughest. We won't know until then if they are bluffing... and their regular looking folks are really pro players and ringers... or if they WERE actually all talk compared to our force.

In the first game we can't understimate them. Would suck to get ropa-doped.

dhallak
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
- empty -
- empty -
and btw... good idea moving this to the non public viewing area.

I have been searching around in other mainstream forums and websites to see if I can find if they are recruiting for the game also. I've tried every possible search I can think of in google with no luck. Also looked in the pbnation, specialopspaintball, and pb4all forums. Haven't found anything yet. Can you guys think of any others to look in to see if there is any recruiting for pbusa on that day?

When you search for it in google,... ocmi's page comes up for it... but it ONLY shows that ocmi is having a private game at pbusa that day. No other details are given, so it's great

The hitmen show up also as having a private game that day through google.... but like you guys, they aren't showing any sensitive info that would give anything away.

I've tried looking for their team (hospital) captain's name "Marion Martinez" online in any way shape or form as being linkd with paintball, teams, events, anything... can't find anything.

As well as any info on west hills hospital paintball stuff.
Anyone have any other ideas? I figure that if these guys were pros or on teams, we should be able to find them through SOME type of roster, I'm pulling up blanks atm though.

--edit--
And conversely... thankfully there are more Daniel Hallak's out there on the web now than there were a year ago. It used to be that when you'd yahoo or google my name, the entire first page was all my name and then scenario arms stuff... which would be bad. Now however... there are tons of people with my name that pop up before me, and I don't even show up once until the bottom of the page, amid a ton of other random daniel hallak's.

Even if they do connect me with scenario arms through the internet.... if they go to check it out, the website is down, so it won't really look like much of anything.

Last Edit: 2011/12/01 17:43 By dhallak.

dhallak
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
- empty -
- empty -
Update... and a crappy one at that.

I just drove to pbusa to film a video for all the folks who've never been there before, to show them where to meet up, where we're setting up camp, etc.

While there I saw a biiiiiig sign right over their admission counter.
"FIELD PAINT ONLY"

I did a big WTF double-take.... and went to talk to someone.
It turns out that a month to a month and a half ago, pbusa, despite being BYOP for the past 15 years, has decided to go field paint only. This is a very new development, and alot of people who were there for the day were pissed off because they had no idea it had changed.

I'm going to call Mike, the neanderthal owner on monday, to see if we can work out some type of arrangement. Between the two parties, we should have around 80 people who have already made commitments to come and play at his park that day. 99% of which have already purchased a crapload of paint, and some people are even driving down from northern california for the game, and already have multiple cases that they have purchased.

I'm going to try to see if there is something we can work out, to where he will allow all of us to still use our own paint. If each one of us would have to spend an extra $10 and buy a 500 bag or something... or we could all pitch in $5 each, we could then buy a few cases from the park. Hopefully if he'll let us do this, we could still use our own paint (they sell their paint f'n expensive, and they don't even have great brands), that we'd all still be able to play with what we already purchased not KNOWING that they had changed their policie on paint.... and they would still sell a few cases if we each pitch in 5 bucks for communal paint.

*shrugs*
Suggestions on how to approach him about it? Or other ideas to present to him?

And btw.... here's a link to the video, for those of you who've never been to the park before.

dhallak
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
- empty -
- empty -
GREAT NEWS!!!!
We CAN use outside paint for this private game

Joshrothe
(Registered)
Squad/Rank:
- empty -
- empty -
Online Status: OFFLINESend Private Message: JoshrotheView Profile: Joshrothe
SO stoked for this event. AAAH! XD

Go to topPage: 123456